PIVI partners to provide technical support to countries that may or may not be implementing routine seasonal national influenza programs. The goal of this work is to strengthen a country’s immunization infrastructure and capacity, ultimately making a country readier to respond to infectious disease threats.
Through technical assistance, PIVI supports country workflow related to developing or strengthening pandemic preparedness and seasonal influenza vaccination programs; some of the ways we do this include:
- Estimations of disease and economic burden of influenza
- Development of acceptability surveys, communication campaigns, and training initiatives
- Vaccine program implementation and evaluation activities, including adverse event and vaccine coverage monitoring
- National Immunization Technical Advisory Group (NITAG) support and strengthening
- Tailoring current support tools and technical assistance to COVID-19 response, and any future pandemic response.